Sunday, February 13, 2005

love + basketball... hair dying.

i know its late and im exhausted... but i always get home on the weekends and feel restless and awake. i feel kinda blah. my throat hurts real bad. does any one know if that airborne stuff really works? people swear by it and howard stern was goin' on and on about it last week. someone let me know, cuz most of that stuff doesnt work on me.

plus i havent really been getting any of the stuff i need to get done, done. which sucks. oh well. it's a catch 22. i need to stay up and get stuff done, and i also need to get some rest cuz i feel shitty.

so i came home and felt in the mood to watch "love and basketball". i absolutely ADORE this movie. it's so romantic. i especially love the dance scene when they are playing the roger (and zapp) song "i wanna be your man". it's all about zapp and fucking cal skate. i remember slow-skates with little 12 year old boys to that song or "computer love". those were the days. any way, back to the movie... \its all about friendship, and love, and vulnerability, and timing. i want a hug. :)

i saw ray. uhhhh i think its good. not great. but decent. i dont really like the whole flashbacks to childhood thing (especially the ending sequence). i thought jamie foxx was good, but i dont think he should win the oscar. i am still bummed that paul giamatti didnt get a nomination. i think he should have been nominated over clint eastwood.

ok. im going to go and dye my hair back to chocolate cherry. winter is out. no more black.

currently watching: love and basketball (awwww)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The more I think of it, the more I think Ray sucked. Like how Rich sucks balls sucked. The movie was downright cliche. The director didn't have direction, which showed in all the scenes, especially when he was in rehab cause the way it was shot reminded me of a Spike Lee movie. And Jamie Foxx did the best Ray Charles impression ever (which will win him the Oscar, unfortunately, cause it should've been Paul Giamatti's if he wasn't snubbed). Cause face it, good acting is in the eyes, and Ray was, uh, blind. And the ending was tacked on. And tacked on endings, for me, get the gas face. Plus, if the movie can't capitalize on the acting talents of one Curtis Armstrong, then you know the movie sucked. Word to Booger from Revenge of the Nerds.

Should I just leave these comments for my blog? Whoops too late...

-Jeff

3:40 AM, February 14, 2005  
Blogger psylentjay said...

Dude, speaking of Cal skate, my cousins that mentioned in the old blog post titled "crazy muthafuckin' family members" used to work there. No wonder I avoided that place like the plague.Or maybe I just hating skating in general. Plus I heard the owners of that place were racist, but that's what my annoying, learning impediment cousin told me so I don't know whether to believe him or not.

7:08 PM, February 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home